How to Jump Start Car :
So many times when you forget to switch off your car headlight or forget to switch off the cabin light, or your battery just dies due to age, you may find yourself in an awkward situation wherein you need to start your car but it would just not do so. Do not Panic. If it just a battery issue then all u need to know is how to jump start the car. Get friend’s car nearby and you just have to do the following to jump start your car:
- Park his car facing or next to yours so that when you open the hood of the engine compartment then the batteries of both cars are close to each other.
- Get two thick electric wires sufficient in length to connect the terminals of the batteries to each other. A normal household electrical cable of 1.5 mm doubled up for one terminal should be good enough for a small sized car. A length of about 6 to 8 feet should be sufficient for connecting one terminal so you would require 12 to 16 feet of doubled-up household cable. This cable used to connect two batteries is called a Jumper Cable.
- Connect the positive terminal ( the red one) of the friend’s car battery to the positive terminal of your car battery. Do the same for the negative terminal also. Make the connection tight and secure enough to ensure proper current flow. If you are using hands, then wear proper insulation (thick cloth).
- Start your car as you would do normally. If it was a battery problem, then your car will start. If it does, then disconnect the batteries.
- This is all you need to know to how to jump start car. After you have started your car, Run the engine for a few minutes (10 to 15) to allow the battery to charge for another crank. And do thank your friend. If your battery is old, change it to save another embarrassment and emergency effort.
Have a great and a safe drive